Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme
Name of the programme: Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme
Priority areas of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme:
Objectives of the Programme
This programme shall contribute to the further development of an area where equality and the rights of persons are promoted and protected.
The specific objectives of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme are:
Actions funded under the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme:
• Training activities, such as staff exchanges, conferences, seminars, training events for trainers and the development of online training modules or other;
• Mutual learning, cooperation, exchange of best practices, peer reviews, development of information tools;
• Awareness-raising, dissemination, organization of conferences;
• Support of main actors (NGOs and major European networks, the authorities of the Member States in the implementation of the rules and policies of the Union);
• Activity of analysis and collection of data and statistics; l 'development of methodologies and indicators or benchmarks; studies, researches, analyzes and surveys; assessments; development and publication of guides, reports and educational material.
Directorate-General Justice and Consumers (JUST)
This programme shall contribute to the further development of an area where equality and the rights of persons are promoted and protected. The specific objectives of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme are: • Increase awareness and knowledge of the law and policies, as well as the rights, values and principles on which the Union is founded; • Support the implementation and effective, comprehensive and consistent tools and policies of EU law in the Member States and their monitoring and evaluation; • Promote cross-border cooperation, increase mutual understanding and enhance mutual trust between all stakeholders; • Improve the knowledge and understanding of potential obstacles to the rights and principles enshrined in the TEU, the TFEU, the European Charter for Fundamental Rights and by international agreements to which the Union adhered.