Name of the programme : Erasmus+
The Erasmus+ programme covers the following thematic areas:
Objectives of the Programme
Erasmus+ contributes to implement:
Key Action 1 - Mobility of individuals:
Key Action 2 - Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of
- Large-scale partnerships between education institutions and training providers and businesses in the form of knowledge alliances in higher education and Sector Skills Alliances.
- Support the creation of platforms, including e-Twinning.
- Capacity building in third countries, with particular emphasis on the countries of the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Key Action 3 - Support for policy reforms:
- Implementation of EU policy in education and training in the context of the OMC (Open Method of Coordination), as well as to the Bologna and Copenhagen processes;
- Implementation in the programme countries of the Union's instruments of transparency and recognition concerning education and training policies.
- Support the policy dialogue with relevant European stakeholders in the field of education and training;
- Support and improve the NARIC, the Eurydice and Euroguidance and the National Europass Centers.
- Supports the policy dialogue with partner countries and with international organizations relating to training and education.
Addressed to institutions interested in promoting the quality of their programs of study on European integration. The dialogue between the academic world and policy makers will consequently be strengthened. Sport
In order to develop a European sport dimension, the programme provides support for the following activities:
Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency – EACEA
Erasmus+ contributes to implement: - the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy, including the main focus on education; the objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training ("ET2020"), including the corresponding benchmarks; sustainable development of partner countries in higher education; - the general objectives of the renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018); - the development of a common European dimension of sport, especially grassroots sport, in accordance with the Union work plan for sport; - the promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on European Union.